Welcome to the Bay Area Region at Aspire Public Schools; home to 11 Aspire schools, serving over 4,000 students in Oakland, Richmond, and East Palo Alto.
At each of our Aspire Bay Area Schools, we are mission-driven to change the odds of low-income students and students of color. From our college flags in our hallways to our rigorous instruction — our schools are designed introduce the idea of higher education to students and families, and put them on the road to a four-year degree. To achieve this, we are dedicated to provide all students with an exceptional education that will allow them to excel inside and outside the classroom. Our rigorous core curriculum, highly qualified staff, high standards and expectations, extended instructional hours, and personalized learning opportunities create learning environments that help our students feel supported and confident to take on the complex and challenging work.
We are grateful that you are considering joining our family. We invite you to visit one of our schools and see first hand our staff, teachers, and students at work.
Aspire Bay Area Regional Calendar
Nothing from June 23, 2021 to July 23, 2021.
Bay Area Schools
Key Goals + Initiatives
- Unify our team to more deeply implement a rigorous, TK-12 college-ready instructional program grounded in Common Core and NGSS
- Use data cycles and systems to progress monitor at the school, classroom and student level with a focus on creating equitable outcomes for African-American students, English Learners and students receiving Special Education services
- Strengthen school culture through deepening social emotional learning and a focus on interrupting chronic absenteeism
- Dramatically increase college success for Aspire graduates through a data driven approach to college counseling
- Implement consistent, data-driven operational practices and systems at the regional and school level so that leaders can increase their focus on instruction
- Redefine regional and site leadership roles and responsibilities to strengthen our implementation and impact